Monday, October 22, 2018

I really don't like subject lines


We knocked doors this week!

But really. If you look at my week, the majority of the time would be divided up between knocking, studying, and sleeping. The good news is: knocking is one of Sister Kim's favorite things to do, and she is teaching me how to enjoy it more.

Also, we met some cool people. Ready for a story? We were on a street I really didn't want to knock. It was dark and cold and windy and poorly lit and creepy. Everyone has their halloween decorations up right now, and some of them can get decently disturbing. I prefer happy little pumpkins and scarecrows, but these particular houses were more into blood, guts, and gory.

But we knocked anyway! And I am sure glad we did. We had a lot of really great experiences, but my favorite was T----. She listened as we read Helaman 5:12 and afterwards teared up a bit as she shared with us a little about what is going on in her life. The spirit was definitely there and it was evident to all of us that God has orchestrated our meeting as an answer to her prayers, seeing as neither of us were originally supposed to be on that street that night. We will be meeting back up with her to give her a Book of Mormon.

Speaking of the Book of Mormon, I love it. Just thought I'd let you know. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it more lately to try and keep up with the challenge given by President Nelson. 

Not much else to report. It's getting cold up here, but that is to be expected, we are headed into winter after all.

I love you Mommy. We'll have a grand old time catching up when I get home in two months. And honestly, two months really isn't that long. I remember when Rebekah only had that much time left, and suddenly the thought of waiting didn't seem unbearable anymore. I knew it was only a matter of time and before I knew it she would be home.

I think that's where I'm at again. I am excited to see you all, but I am not anxious about finishing up my time here. We're in the home stretch, so I'm not spending my time longing to be there, I know I will be soon enough. But first I have 2 more months to enjoy here. 

XOXO
Hermana Croft




No comments:

Post a Comment