Monday, October 15, 2018

Exchanges


Hello. :)

We had a busy week up here in Middletown, New York. 

Tuesday night to Wednesday night I had my first exchange as an STL! And I had to lead out the area after only being there for a week! It went really well, and cute Hermana Waters was super patient with all of my little hiccups. God led us to meet a lot of cool people. We had a great time together and taught a really awesome lesson to a cute little woman we are teaching from Honduras. She just got it. The Spirit was there guiding the lesson and blessing us with the gift of tongues.  

Thursday H. Kim and I had to wake up early to meet up with the New City sisters again, because H. Kim accidentally brought their phone home with her from the exchange. Then we spent a good long time weekly planning and preparing our training for Zone Conference. We helped the ward choir director with a song we will be doing for stake conference, and I've decided I need to get more into music when I come home. It was fun. 

Friday we had Zone Conference! Our training went really well! And it was fun to see everyone. Right after, we split up for our second exchange and I headed up to Monticello with Sister Arnold! Things are even more spread out up there so we spent a lot of time in the car, but it sure is beautiful. Plus it gave us a lot time to talk. Turns out where they held Woodstock is actually in that area, and one of the members went when she was only 8 years old! Crazy. They live in this super fancy apartment gated off, with a doorman and a Jacuzzi tub in one of the bathrooms. I felt very pampered. 

Saturday night I got back with Hermana Kim and then Sunday we had church! Yay! I got to meet the ward! They seem really nice. More Hispanics here than in New City, but less of them require translations. And there is only one Haitian family. I miss my Haitians. We ended the night by putting L---- on date to be baptized. She and her husband J-- are just the cutest! He inspired me to learn how to quilt. He is a buff, powerlifting, quilter, and proud of it! And to be fair, his quilts were really cool, and super warm. 

I love the feeling of the Spirit working through you. I got to feel that a lot this week and I am grateful for it. 

XOXO Hermana Croft 


No comments:

Post a Comment