Monday, July 2, 2018

Happy Fourth of July!


Hello!

I am currently laying on the couch of a potential investigator while she sews a weave into H. Byron's head. She is the nicest Jamaican woman! Super busy and hardworking, but still offered to help H. Byron out for free and made us a Jamaican breakfast of Festival (a fried dough, similar to scones) and BBQ fish. It was delicious! 

Transfer call are this next Sunday, and from everything President has been saying, H. Byron will most likely be moved and I will stay here. Because of this, she decided she'd better get a weave again because who knows if her new area will have people who know how to apply them or not (namely, Africans, Haitians, Jamaicans, or Dominicans). 

The 38 new missionaries from the New York, New York North Mission are now officially a part of the New Jersey Morristown Mission. Their normal transfers fell this last week, so they just get an extra week before transfers with their new mission. I think it is going to be a big transfer. From all President's emails, it sounds like he really wants to integrate the new missionaries into the NJMM as much as possible.

Fun fact: the NJMM in one of only two missions currently authorized to use Instagram as a proselyting medium. Because of how innovative we have been with Facebook, the church wants us to see if Instagram would be effective as well. Right now only the mission leaders have it (Zone Leaders and STLs), but if it goes well, everyone in the mission will have the choice to download it or not. I probably won't use it because I've never been the biggest fan of social media.

Things that happened this week:

*J---- became the newest member of the New City Ward! She was confirmed on Sunday and now, we are working on going to the temple. She is super excited! Here is a quote from her this week when we were discussing another investigator who was asking for proof: "Donde está la evidencia? Soy yo. El Evangelio restaurado restauró mi vida." Such a gem. 

*A bird had excellent aim, and pooped directly on the center of my head whilst out proselyting

*I can now say I was "discovered" by a producer in New York. On Wednesday we were walking around putting up English class flyers. Nobody was really outside because it was raining, so we were singing as we went. Apparently G----- heard a couple bars of our rendition of Whitney Houston's "I look to you" as we passed by his shop, because before we had gotten too far, he was out in the rain shouting for us to come back. I turned down the offer to record an album of gospel music, but left him with a card. :)

*I realized I'm a missionary, and that's pretty cool. This realization hit me while standing in the living room of a stranger who had just let us in to teach his family. I was talking to people I had never met before, testifying of Jesus Christ, in Spanish. 

I know this is the definition of a missionary, and I do this everyday, but sometimes it just hits me, you know? I have talked about serving a mission for years, and now I'm here. This is my life. 

Happy Fourth of July!

XOXO
- Hermana Croft


 Visiting C-----. She is one of the wisest women I know. I have learned a lot from her 

 Jamaican breakfast

 I saw this sign and it made me think of you, Mommy ❤

 Wednesday morning year mark selfie

 After singing in the rain Wednesday evening 

Blindfolded selfies from an activity during district meeting

When I accidentally locked us out of our apartment. The elders had just driven away in our car, with the keys (their car was in the shop). We thought the balcony door might be unlocked. It wasn't. The elders came back. 

Salvation Army




No comments:

Post a Comment