Thursday, July 13, 2017

I still sometimes forget I am a missionary...

We currently have 600 missionaries in the CCM and we are going to get up to 700 by the time I leave. So not nearly as many as the Provo MTC, but still a rather large gathering of missionaries. Sometimes I forget everyone around me are missionaries. Sometimes I forget I am a missionary. In fact last week when I was getting off the bus at the Temple grounds there was a hermana companionship who were already off standing by the door. Upon seeing them I turned to my companion, exclaiming excitedly, "Look! Sister missionaries!" She got a good laugh out of that. And because you asked; Hermana Price is from Ceder Utah. She was a swimmer in college and is the oldest in her family. But even being the oldest child, she couldn't get over how young you and dad looked in a picture I showed her last night. She said you looked twenty-nine. 

The temple was amazing! The Mexico City Temple is designed to look kind of like a ziggurat from the outside, symbolizing the ancient Central American temples. The celestial room is small, but absolutely gorgeous! The chandelier was really something to see. And when you first walk into the temple, just past the reception desk, there is a huge mural on the wall. It is the famous picture of Jesus visiting the people in the Americas after He had been resurrected. I teared up right there. I had English headphones for the session, but I turned them way down so I could listen to it in both English and Spanish. And everything I spoke was in Spanish as well. It was really cool to make those same covenants in a different language. 

There are about five or six people here from Davis High. One hermana who graduated with me, but she already spoke fluent Spanish, so she is with a Latina companion. The only person I really knew well in high school was Elder Hayes who was on the same flight as me. 

We kind of excise everyday. Not on Sunday, because it's the Lord's day. Not on Monday because we do service. Not this last Tuesday because my companion felt sick. Kind of yesterday, though not very hard because I was pretty sick. Maybe today, but who knows with P-days. But when we do exercise, we go to the gym and bike, or lift weights, or squat, etc. There is no four square in the CCM. 

Brandon and Rebekah binge watching Survivor makes me so happy. Where did they even find it? I love that out of all the T.V. shows they could watch, they chose Survivor. If I was home right now, I would watch Pride and Prejudice (LDS version, because hilarious) and Becoming Jane (because a sister in my district brought it up yesterday and my passion for James McAvoy has been rekindled). 

Got to go now! love Love LOVE you!

- Hermana Croft


In the gym, ¡hay que ayudar!
 

The picture of Christ pulling Peter out of the water is in the gym. I find it very appropriate. 

 The sisters in my district 

The Latino missionaries we sit by every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment