Thursday, July 6, 2017

Week one at the CCM

Julianne sent her first email home today from the MTC. Much of it was just answering questions I had asked and responding to things I had told her about. She says she will compose an official group email for everyone next week. But here are some snippets of her email that I thought she'd be okay with me sharing here, along with the pictures she sent. 
--------------------------

Mi companera es muy buena!! Amo ellla mucho! We make the funniest companionship though, because physically we are pretty much opposites. I am short and pale, and she is 6 feet 2 with beautiful tan skin. I guess you will see in the pictures though. Sorry we weren't able to take many pictures today. We had to rush this morning because, dun dun dun dun! We are going to the Mexico City Temple!!!!! YAY! We leave at noon and I am so excited. 

Yes, I love Spanish!!! I am soooo grateful I took that semester in college. It has been a lot of help. Although I can still communicate better in Spanish now after one week at the CCM than I could at the end of the semester. The gift of tongues is a real thing, and it is really helping me learn quick. I have already taught 6 lessons to an investigator in Spanish this week! And my companion and I committed him to baptism on the 4th lesson. All in Spanish! Of course, it is really just our teacher pretending to be an investigator he taught while on his mission, but it is still pretty amazing. 

Life is an emotional rollercoaster here at the MTC. Everyday I feel motivated, excited, and full of the spirit as well as tired, discouraged and unmotivated. But thanks to the Lord, I can always pull out of my slumps. It is amazing how his spirit rushes over me the second I pray for help. My companion is a big help as well. We make a great team. Getting up early really isn't hard at all. Shocking, I know to hear that coming from me, but I really haven't had any problems with it. 

The food is delicious, although half the time I am not sure what kind of meat I am eating. On the Fourth of July they fed us a truly American meal for lunch. Hamburgers, chips, corn on the cob, and American root beer! It was amazing! Also, all the American missionaries stood up and sang the National Anthem during lunch while a sister played the piano. I'm not sure what the Latinos made of that, but it made me really happy. Hermana Price and I try to eat with the Latino missionaries during every meal so we can practice our Spanish. We had a group of fun Latino Elders we were friends with, but they were in their last week at the CCM so they are gone now. I'm so sad. They would give us hard words in Spanish to try and pronounce. They were super impressed with my pronunciation. One of the Elders said I could pronounce things just as well, if not better than the Latinos! I'm not so sure about that, but it was nice to hear and really encouraging. 

Yes, we have been rained on absolutely every day. And not just sprinkled on, but huge thunderstorms! I love it! The CCM is so beautiful! There are tropical green birds flying around everywhere and tons of trees. Our casas are all brightly colored and lined up in a row like a rainbow. The CCM is actually the biggest MTC in the world geographically. We have 88 acres of happiness nestled in a little valley in the center of Mexico City. You can here sirens and fireworks going off all day long. Apparently the Mexican markets fire them off to attract customers. 

Thank you so much for all the news! I love you and I love to hear what everyone is doing. Email me whenever you want. It actually makes it easier if you do it before Pday so I have time to read it and even write a little at night in my journal what I want to say. Promise you will get a more complete review of my week that way. HUGS! KISSES! LOVE for EVERYONE! 

Thank you so much for everything! I know this gospel is true and I can feel the spirit so strongly here! 

Love, 

Hermana Croft

No comments:

Post a Comment