Friday, July 21, 2017

Tengo goza en mi alma hoy

¡Tengo gozo en mi alma! Es verdad. Especially because I am on my way home from the temple. (I have heard you only get to go to the temple twice here, so today is supposedly my last time, but I am secretly hoping for three.) Although I'll tell you what, the traffic in Mexico City is egregious. Also, I really want to stop at one of the cute farmers markets and buy an authentic Mexican churro. I can only imagine the delightful sensation that would overwhelm my tastebuds in the moment...and the accompanying stomach ache that would hit me later as my body tried the process the less than sanitary delicacy. I've had enough trouble with the food inside the CCM... 













But I really do love Mexico, at least what I've seen.  Last night all the sisters in my room went running, and believe it or not I actually enjoyed myself, thoroughly. A big part of which was because it was absolutely beautiful! Being in a little valley,  we can see colorful houses on the surrounding mountains everyday.  My companion and I actually nicknamed a specific section Crayon Mountain because all the buildings are color coordinated, like someone did a crayon melt painting right there. But even with all that fun color, I think I like the mountains even better at night. All the lights come on and suddenly it looks like you are encircled about by hundreds of little stars. 

*Quick interruption to this email: it is dumping BUCKETS of rain outside right now! I think this is the hardest it has rained since I got here, and that is saying something because it has literally rained every day!

Lauren has mentioned to me on several occasions that Bonnie wonders why I am not her daughter. I kind of love that, because I think Bonnie is amazing. And if I am like her, I must be doing pretty good. Speaking of Lauren, all my roommates were outraged when I mentioned she was having bowel issues at the Provo MTC. A few Spanish phrases saved only for when we are really frustrated were uttered... of course all still within the bounds of being missionary appropriate, so in all actuality they were pretty mild. We have all been reacting to the food here in different ways, but none of them have been super great. It´s not that the food tastes awful or anything, you just feel sick after every time you eat. 

Odds and Ends:
*Yay for having somewhere to sleep when you get to London! I am super jealous you guys are going to London without me. When I get home we should pull Rebekah away from Tanner for a couple days and take a girls trip somewhere. 

*Happy belated anniversary!!! And yes, you are middle aged. But what is wrong with that? Nothing, I say! Absolutely nothing! Wisdom accompanies age, so really you should be celebrating your years. Also, I eat Mexican food multiple times everyday here, yet I was still jealous when you mentioned you went to Café Rio and Blue Iguana. One for the sweet pork, and the other for the ambience. 

*Thank you for taking care of Leo for me! He is still my favorite pet! 

*Missionarypackagemx.com you should check this out. It's like dear elder but for Mexico. Also you can send packages.  A lot of people here get sent boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts. But definitely don't feel obligated to send anything. Especially since Hermana Price and I are trying to lose weight. 

I love love love you Mommy. Please give big hugs to Brandon, Rebekah, Lilian, and Daddy for me. Also, have Rebekah give a hug to Tanner for me. 
Stay safe and happy! I love hearing about your adventures! :)

XOXO

Hermana Croft

 New Jersey bound!

This one is from today. All the Sisters in my room wore white floral dresses. They are my family here.












No comments:

Post a Comment