Monday, June 11, 2018

Greetings from NY


Hey Mommy,

First of all, cutest sign off ever! I love that book.* And I love you! I am currently in IHOP eating unhealthy breakfast food. And you are currently in San Francisco some where. That's what, a three hour time difference? Is your body super confused? 

Okay. Done with IHOP. I feel sick now. I am waiting while H. Byron picks out a present for her previous companion's birthday. 

We did get to watch Pres. Nelson's devotional actually. And we will be doing the social media fast as a mission this week, with the exception of being able to use Facebook messenger to continue our conversations with the people we have already been messaging. 

The zone conference training went fine (we have zone conference once a transfer). And the lesson I taught the second hour of church yesterday to the youth of the ward turned out better than I thought it would. I am getting better at creating quick lesson plans/trainings/talks. This is a good thing, especially because I think the days of merely attending church are long gone for me. I have the feeling from now on I will always be preparing for some kind of responsibly on Sundays. Which I suppose actually started in college, but has been amplified on the mission.  

Home now. We found a present and got our groceries for the week. 

Sounds like you had an exciting week. Rather convenient that you still got to have even numbers because of Tanner. I enjoyed looking at the pictures of them together in the park. Rebekah's hair looks nice. I am now contemplating cutting my own. Also, I just love all of you guys. I'm glad you had fun.**  

This week was pretty normal... at least it must have been, because I don't really remember what we did... and we didn't take any pictures... sorry!

I'm sure we met a lot with our investigator N----, because we see her almost everyday. She had progressed a lot since we met her 3 weeks ago, so that's pretty cool. Yesterday we met/taught A----, a new potential investigator who reminds me a lot of N---- as well. Very knowledgeable about the bible and always open for discussion. Both of them really are seeking truth. We will be going back to see A---- later this week.  

J---- is actually our only Spanish speaking investigator right now. Everyone else we teach in English, something I probably won't do much of when I leave this area. The only reason I am allowed to do so now is because there aren't any English missionaries assigned to cover this area. 

Love love love love 
-Me


---------------------
* I signed off my email last weekend with "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." Also, the three hour time difference she mentions...she's referring to the fact that last week I was in Ohio on Eastern time and this week I am in San Francisco on Pacific time.

** We went on a family vacation last week to Cedar Point in Ohio where we rode lots and lots of roller coasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment