Monday, April 23, 2018

No stopping or standing

 MOMMY!!!!!!

Hey. Thanks for the email. I love you lots and lots. 

About Hamilton: I surprisingly feel no jealousy knowing you've seen it. I hope you win the lottery and get to take Daddy. I was talking about it with Elder Nielsen, and apparently his mother has been ushering for Hamilton. She ushers for everything at Eccles, which means she gets to see everything. Cool, right? Also, they are from Layton, so Elder Nielsen and I talk about the homestead together sometimes. 

I think all of France came to Ellis Island this week, and a little bit of Italy too. Almost everyone I talked to was from one of those two countries. Half of the time I was running to grab H. Byron to speak to someone in French when we were having a hard time communicating in English. Knowing Spanish rarely comes in handy at Ellis.

We had a training at Ellis Island a couple weeks ago where they gave us a bunch of tips of how to help people find the records of their ancestors. It made me want to go back and take a bunch of history classes. Basically, I just miss school. But I am sure when I get home and into the thick of classes again I will miss the mission. Sigh. 

As far as clothes, I am really tired of what I have. The blue dress you mentioned was given to me by Sister Byron, a treasure left in the apartment, that she personally was not a fan of. I actually haven't bought myself that much on the mission. Only 4 shirts and a couple pairs of tights. I have been lucky to collect some things from other missionaries, but I think its time to actually order myself some stuff. 

Other than that it was a super normal week. Our Spanish investigator did come to church this Sunday with two of her sons, so that was good.

Pictures this week: In one I am rebelling and standing under a sign that specifically reads "No Standing" while looking like your typical librarian. The ones with the baby were taken while H. Byron was talking with a Haitian member who is going through a hard time. I was rolling around on the floor keeping the baby entertained. The others are from Ellis Island. We explored the exhibits a little bit and found one that talked all about the Mormons heading West. 
XOXO
Siempre,
Hermana Croft 




No comments:

Post a Comment