Monday, April 30, 2018

Knock, Knock


Hey. I did things this week. 

Yesterday we had the 6 people at sacrament meeting! Wahoo! A new investigator we picked up this week while knocking, and the entire V------ family. It was simultaneously awesome and super stressful. I also was in charge of teaching the youth class for the second hour, but then ended up changing it at the last minute so it would be more applicable to the 3 teenage investigators present (two of ours and one of the Elder's). I can't say it was the most eloquent lesson I have ever taught, but I think I got my point across. 

Saturday we were contacting in a park in the neighborhood of J----, our investigator. There were a couple people who had dogs, so to make it easier to talk to them, we asked J---- if we could borrow her dog to take on a walk. She didn't even blink an eye at our request, just handed us the leash and off we went! I love J----, it's like she is already a member. :) 

We have been knocking a lot this week, which is always an adventure. As put by one of the other sisters: Knocking is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get behind each door. Definitely true, but it has been more successful in this area than any other I have ever served in. We have meet a lot of cool people and have quite a few new potential investigators. 

Yesterday we were trying to explain why we have the Book of Mormon to this man we met while, you guessed it, knocking. He kept asking questions, but wasn't giving us a chance to answer them. I was starting to get a little frustrated by this. But when I opened my mouth to say something, I had a sudden coughing fit come on out of nowhere. My companion took over, guiding the conversation in a much less confrontational direction than I probably would have. To quote Alma: "the spirit constrainth me". 

I have been studying faith a lot lately, and it really is so foundational to being a disciple of Jesus Christ. I have been trying to exercise my faith, and have seen a difference in our success and my personal happiness. I love this opportunity I have to learn about and grow closer to my Savior.

XOXOXO
Hermana Croft 





No comments:

Post a Comment