Monday, January 15, 2018

Happy Monday!

Hola!

Funny story: last night after dinner with the Bishop's wife, Hermana Hopson and I were headed home really quick to drop off the extra food she had given us (because Hispanics always feed you and then send you with even more for the road) before an appointment with an investigator. We ran into the nonmember husband of a less active we have been working with. He invited us in to the family party that was taking place with all the extended family, all of which are a variety of less active and nonmembers, most of whom happen to live in our area. Yes! 

We stopped in, intending to say a quick hello before heading back out. Understandably, Hermana Hopson needed to use the restroom after our big meal, so I was left to entertain the family. The small talk took a turn towards my family, and before I knew it they were looking at pictures on my tablet. "¡Que guapo es su papá! Y bien joven, ¿cuantos años tiene?" All the Peruvian woman were smitten with my Dad. 

We ended up having to cancel the appointment with our investigator and just go home because Hermana Hopson was rather ill, but it was fun (and also stressful cause I was alone for most of it) to be able to see them.

This week we did 2 Hour Power. It was a mission wide challenge. We all prayed and fasted to know where the Lord would have us go finding from 5-7 on Saturday night. Then, right before we all headed out we got on a conference call and said a prayer together as a mission. It was super cool. Hermana Hopson and I were door knocking and were continually rejected. At about 6:40 a woman let us in to chat. At 8:20 we left with a promise to visit again the next week. She and her husband had actually talked with missionaries before in Costa Rica, but it was a long time ago, so they had lots of questions. 

XOXO
Hermana Croft 

This is a picture of Hermana Hopson and I at Zone Conference while everyone else was doing car checks. Technically I am the designated driver of the companionship, but since we don't have a car, we changed my title to the designated walker. If you look closely, you can see the GPS in Hermana Hopson's hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment