Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Day trip to NYC...

Email early this morning: 
Hola mamá! Lo siento que ayer yo no escribí, pero fue por un bueno razón porque hoy tengo la oportunidad para asistir el templo!!!! Estoy super emocionada! Voy a Manhattan en 1 hora, y después voy a escribir más, entonces no te preocupe. 
Te amo!

I more or less understood the gist of what she said, but put it through the google translator just to be sure:
Hi Mom! I'm sorry that yesterday I did not write, but it was for a good reason because today I have the opportunity to attend the temple!!!! I am super excited! I'm going to Manhattan in 1 hour, and then I'm going to write more, so do not worry. I love you!
-------------------
Email from this afternoon:
Good things:
- We got to see Elva again! I was feeling really down because at first she wasn't answering any of our calls or texts. So yesterday we decided to just stop by. Turns out her phone broke and so she couldn't get in contact with us, so she was super excited to see us and invited us right in! She immediately pulled out the Book of Mormon we gave her last time and showed us a list of questions she had written up while reading it, things she didn't quite understand. We answered them all, and then proceeded to teach the restoration, and she accepted it all wonderfully! We meet with her again this week.

- NYC! Wahoo! We got to go to the Manhattan temple today and it was phenomenal! The bishop took the day off work to take all the missionaries serving in the ward (and it was a crowded car, because there are 8 of us). Hermana Hopson and I were squished in the back with our district leader Elder Loya. But never fear, we had a Book of Mormons distance between the whole drive #scripturepower

- I went to Ellis Island this week! I needed to go get a security badge so they will let me in when I officially go later this month to serve in the Family History center there. We went across this bridge and then through a bunch of confusing tunnels to get to the actual building. 

- A man in Dunkin Donuts called me over while my companion was talking on the phone with an investigator trying to coordinate a meeting place for a lesson. He started speaking to me in Spanish, asking about who we were. We spoke for a second, but he seemed to be having a bit of trouble and surprised me by apologizing, saying he was actually American and didn't speak much Spanish. I laughed and switched to English, responding that we were American as well. This blew his mind. Apparently he and his buddy had heard us speaking Spanish and were wondering what country we were from, thinking Colombia or Spain. 

Love 

Hermana Croft 





No comments:

Post a Comment