Monday, September 3, 2018

Feliz Cumpleanos


Hi Mommy,

I'm so glad you had a good birthday! It sounds just lovely. 

How sweet of Lilian to decorate your bedroom! You deserve it. Also, I am pleased to hear Brandon has re-instituted your weekly lunches. That thought always made me smile. I think he might be my favorite 17 year old boy in the whole wide world. I'm not sure many boys his age would suggest a weekly lunch date with their mothers. I love our family. I love that we are close. I love love. 

Also, yes we did have a baptism this Sunday. Neither of her parents are members, but her two older brothers are. Cute little girl. It went surprisingly smoothly. Hermana Miller and I even taught the Spanish Sunday School class on the fly before the baptism because the teacher is out of town. I felt very accomplished about that. 

Dr. Moss sounds like a stand up veterinarian. What an interesting experience; divine design, as we would say here in the mission. When Elder Rasband came to visit at the end of my training he spoke about his general conference talk entitled Divine Design. Since then, it has been the phrase of choice whenever anything happens in which we can see the Lord's hand guiding us. It happens more than one would think, especially when you have eyes open to see every small miracle. The trick is simply remembering to keep your eyes open. 

Also, I am moving. We got a message from the mission office yesterday. Apparently the mission department doesn't want Elders and Sisters to be in the same apartment complex, so Hermana Miller and I are being moved to a different place about 5 minutes away this Thursday (I will send you my address when we get settled). From what we can tell, it looks like it will be an upgrade. 

Love,
me


Don't judge my handwriting, I had to write it all backwards to get it to show up correctly on the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment