Monday, July 23, 2018

Lots of rain and Jamaican advice


Hey my maravillosa mommy!

Wow! Muchas gracias for the email! I love all the missionary homecoming stories! Also, it was fun to reminisce with Bryson and Lance about Jr. High and High School through your descriptions. (The fact that I can feel like I was there reminiscing with them in person is really a tribute to your writing.) They are great guys. Really though, your entire email makes my heart sing! I love the photos of everyone (especially my sweet family. gah. I love them so much. Brandon is a muy guapo hombre joven.). 

Things that happened this week:
- Hermana J----, my favorite recent convert, gave an amazing talk in Sacrament meeting. I was so proud. #IFeelLikeAMom
- An ice cream man we befriended while contacting has taken to giving us free homemade ice cream. He is great.
- J----'s son is going to join the youth at stake youth conference this week. They are going to Kirtland, Ohio. Lucky! Wish I could go.
- We went to Ellis Island again. And we are headed back next Saturday. 
- We got soaked a couple times in the rain. It was fun though. 

Advice from the most positive Jamaican woman I know. "If your going through hell, just keep going. Don't stop, or you'll be stuck there!" This is coming from a woman who spent several days in the hospital this week. Far from the somber visit we expected, she couldn't keep from smiling and laughing when we went to visit her. She also promised to make us turkey neck and chicken foot stew. I'll keep you posted on that one. 

Con mucho amor,
 Hermana Croft 




I came across this post on the New Jersey Morristown Mission FB page on Sunday. Julianne rarely posts there herself, so I was happy to see this from Julianne's companion, Hermana Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment