Monday, February 12, 2018

I have twenty years!

Well, well, well.
I'm not a teenager anymore. Huh. Weird. 
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

We started out my birthday with a scare from a skunk on the track. And then had a nice long run. (Okay, not that long, but longer than usual. We woke up early to have more time, which is big for me because I don't like mornings or running. But I do love my companion, and it was her hump day.) During which I pondered my life and mentally jammed out to "Fifteen" by Five for Fighting, before heading home to get ready and enjoy a green smoothie for breakfast. I officially turned 20 during studies while reading the Book of Mormon, so that's cool. 

Our celebratory lunch was spent at a local cafe. We ordered a breakfast burrito and chocolate chip pancakes to split; a rather symbolic choice if you really think about it. Pancakes because, I love pancakes and they have generally always been a part of my birthday breakfasts, and a burrito because I have changed since my 19th year; become more Hispanic, learned a little Spanish, etc. My plate was a visual representation of my life right now as a missionary. 

It was a super good week! Lots of rain, but that's good, because I like rain. My companion thought I was a little crazy, but I enjoyed singing and dancing and splashing my way through the puddles on the way to appointments.

The best parts of the week were our lessons with our investigator M----. On Tuesday we taught the Plan of Salvation with the Sunday School President Hermano Cruz as a team up. He was amazing! He befriended M---- easily, casually testifying of the Gospel as they got to know each other, and then helped to explain things during the actual lesson when we got lost in our Spanish. 
Then just last night we met at Hermano Cruz's house and taught M---- the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The entire family was there and they are all now good friends. At the end of the lesson we invited him to be baptized and he said YES! So now we will be working towards getting him prepared for baptism on March 25. Yay!  

Happy Valentine's day everyone! Show someone you love them this week. Here is a scripture for you about the greatest act of love of this world will ever know:

3 Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—
4 Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
5 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life
- Doctrine and Covenants 45:3-5

Christ is love. 

XOXO

Hermana Croft 

P.S. Apparently I woke H. Hopson up several times Friday night because I was sleep teaching the Plan of Salvation... in Spanish..






No comments:

Post a Comment