Monday, January 29, 2018

Musical numbers, new areas and baby snakes

Hey family!

Sunday was really good, we set up a bunch of appointments. Random tidbit: I am the designated chorister in Relief Society and Hermana Hopson the pianist. Which is all fine and dandy for her because she can play, but I have discovered I am a rather terrible leader. Being the 4th Sunday of the month, it was the missionaries' turn to speak in sacrament meeting. Luckily neither of us were chosen this week, although my companion will be speaking next month. Instead we were put in charge of a musical number. Hermana Hopson played the piano and I sang a solo. We did a rendition of "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" to the tune of "Come Thou Fount". It ended up being really nice. Also, I love "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" in Spanish! The words are beautiful!

They closed down the Elders area next to ours (because we are short on missionaries, not every area can stay open all the time) so Hermana Hopson and I have taken on Harrison, as well as Kearny! We haven't explored it that much yet, but we will be seeing a couple members who live over there tonight. It is right outside of Newark, and therefore a little bit sketchier. But we are super excited and there are a ton of really good restaurants. 

Believe it or not, I've actually been missing Oscar a little bit! I think it is because you always write about him with such fondness. I am hopeful that he will be a little calmer when I get home. I think I could enjoy spending time with a little less rambunctious version of that little dog. 

Questions for you to google for me:
What is the history of Valentine's day?
What do apples do to your metabolism?

I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love you! 

(And you know it's for real, because I didn't use copy and past to write "love" that many times. I typed each letter.) 

XOXO

Hermana Croft








No comments:

Post a Comment