Monday, October 16, 2017

Unexpected transfer

Buenos Dias!

You should be getting an email from Hermana McCoy with a video. Why? Because my life has changed since I emailed you this morning. (Julianne emailed a quick good luck message early this morning to do with something she knew I had going on today.) We are getting emergency transferred to the very south-est area of the mission. I will be in a trio with Hermana Smith from the CCM so that will be cool to spend some time with her. Her companion has been having medical issues the past two transfers and now they are sending her home on a plane tomorrow for emergency surgery. I don't know exactly what is going on, but she was dying (finishing her mission) this transfer anyway, so luckily she is only leaving two weeks early. Hermana McCoy and I are packing up our stuff and leaving our apartment today to move in with Hermana Smith in Toms River. We were driving to the grocery store when President texted us asking us to call him. 

So, got to go pack. Then say goodbye to the neighbors. Then probably drive for around 4 hours to get the other sisters to the mission home and then back to the south again. Who knows if I will be coming back to Red Bank after transfers, so it's a little sad I can't say goodbye to any of the members. We might be coming back up to Red Bank once or twice to meet with an investigator, but other than that the area will have English missionaries, but not Spanish for the next two weeks. Our ward has Spanish elders as well but just in a neighboring area, so they will probably take care of the members in our area for the next little while as well as their own. So it should all be fine. It sure is an adventure! Hermana McCoy and I are going to try and hit one of the restaurants here that we have been meaning to try before we leave. 


A few other things that happened this week:
* A member called me fat during dinner together (because Hispanics are just super honest about that stuff) and then 2 hours later one of our new investigators who can't pronounce Croft, called me Hermana Cow. That was a rough day. 
* My companion and I were trying to find a less active last night, but his address was impossible, mostly because they changed all the street names. So we asked a man sitting on his porch for directions and ended the conversation 30 minutes later with him offering us $100 just for whatever we needed because we told him he couldn't take us out to a fancy dinner because it was Sunday. No he wasn't hitting on us (He was actually going to invite his girlfriend to dinner as well), Hispanics are just very very giving people. 
* I watched one of the members eat a chicken foot with the nails still attached and everything. Luckily I didn't have to eat the foot myself, just the chicken it used to be connected to cooked together in the same pot. 
* We met a woman one the street who stopped us and told us she was a member, but hadn't been to church in three years. She then gave us her name, number, and address and told us to come over that week. Super cool! Definitely a miracle. She speaks english so we will be passing her on to the English sisters.

Sorry I don't have time to write more! Have a good week!
Hermana Croft




No comments:

Post a Comment