Monday, October 30, 2017

Transfer time!

Good morning Mommy!!!! 

Thank you for your emails this week! It has been so fun to get them everyday, and my companion have been enjoying past Halloween pictures of Hermanita Croft. 

I don't know if I will have more time to write today cause we got a lot of things to do down here! Your guesses were pretty close. Hermana Smith is staying here to train her baby, Hermana McCoy is off to Elizabeth to be an STL (which is very exciting, because depending on how they split the areas she might be assigned to go on exchanges with Hermana Smith and I), I won't be going back to Red Bank because they are closing down that area (nothing was happening there and they have more missionaries going home than coming in this transfer). I will be off to Kearny, a walking area.*  And guess what, I get to go to Ellis Island! Probably not a ton, but once or twice during the transfer! Yay! Also, apparently it is kind of a hood area, so that should be interesting. 

Your pumpkins are absolutely beautiful! I love the día de los muertos designs, they look awesome! In celebration of the holiday our members have given us some pan de los muertos (day of the dead bread), it is delicious and also kind of creepy as it is baked in the shape of a corpse...

Love you! Hopefully I will send another email later today. Tell everyone happy Halloween for me! 

Love,
Hermana Croft 


P.S. Yes, we do have curfews tonight and tomorrow.

* Kearny is a suburb of Newark...Newark being the area that is supposedly behind why New Jersey is called "the armpit of America." She'll be able to give a first hand opinion as to whether she feels it merits the motto or not...should be interesting. ha!







 Car selfies...

 I have no idea what is going on in this picture...

 Looks like maybe they were caught in the rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment