Monday, September 11, 2017

Adventures

Thank you as always for your email! I love hearing about what everyone is up to. And I was endlessly jealous of your adventure down in Provo with Melissa!* Hermana McCoy was interested to discover that it was merely reading about a concert that caused a multitude of oohs, ahhs, sighs, giggles, and squeaks to escape me. But if I'm honest, that happens every time I read an email from home. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good adventure...living it is preferable, but I'll settle for reading the adventures of others if need be. And you all have been very adventurous as of late, what with your hammocks, soccer tournaments, and crepes. 

I have been slightly adventurous as well. This week we met with a less active member at the restaurant he works at to eat lunch and then teach him a small lesson. Coolest of all cool things, he works at the Soul Kitchen, a little restaurant owned by Bon Jovi to give back to the community. All the proceeds go to charity and nobody is ever turned away. If they can't pay, they just do an hour of service in the gardens for their meal. And boy do they have beautiful gardens, because everything they cook is 100% organic. I never knew Bon Jovi was such a cool dude. 

Today has also been very exciting! We went to the beach! It is only 20 minutes away from our house. I practiced an old Spanish folk song I will be singing with one of the elders at an activity with the branch on Friday, and Hermana McCoy tossed around a football with the other elder. We also explored a little shop in Red Bank while we waited for our Dominos pizza to be finished. Yeah, it's been a good day. 

 I love love love you all! Just yesterday I pondered on how very blessed I am to have the family and friends I do. I have lived a wonderful life, and had countless great experiences. 

XOXO 

Hermana Croft 

P.S. Also, I love the care package! I got it Tuesday at district meeting and I have already eaten all the lifesavers... :) The socks have been very cozy in the mornings while we plan. Hermana McCoy appreciated a box of the cereal this morning for breakfast. But my favorite part was the letter. Everybody sounded just like themselves in my head as I read it. I love letters! And I love y'all! 

-----------------------

* My sister Melissa and I went to Provo to see Tony award winner Renee Elise Goldsberry (aka Angelica Schuyler in Broadway's "Hamilton") in concert at BYU. And then afterwards, crepes for dessert at the Roll Up where Julianne used to work. And if you know Julianne, she is a big fan of any and all things theatre and music...especially if it's "Hamilton related. She and I saw Leslie Odom Jr (aka Aaron Burr, also from "Hamilton") last year at the same BYU concert series. Hammocks have to do with Rebekah and Brandon, and soccer is to do with Lilian

A snippet of a funny email conversation between Brandon and Julianne...
Brandon: Hopefully your mission starts going by faster than it is right now because right now, it's going about at fast as a speeding microorganism on the shell of a snail on a salted snowed in street. So, pretty dang slow.

Julianne: Brother my favorite brother! I don't know how you can say time is going by as slowly a microorganism on the shell of a snail on a salted snowed in street, because for me time is speeding away with the swiftness of a _______ (insert your favorite jungle cat here. I usually go for a puma or panther, but I like to switch it up now and then. Of course, cheetahs are the fastest, but where is the fun in that? Everyone always uses cheetahs to denote speed. And the other jungle cats are pretty speedy too, where is their recognition?)

No comments:

Post a Comment