Monday, August 28, 2017

¡¡Feliz Cumpleaños!!

Yo sé tu cumpleaños no es hoy, pero no puedo escribir tu en miércoles, entonces estoy celebrando tu cumpleaños hoy. 
(Translation...cause I had to look it up so I'm assuming many of you would have to as well: I know your birthday is not today, but I cannot write you on Wednesday, so I'm celebrating your birthday today.)

Happy Birthday Mommy 💕
Sounds like life is moving right along for you down in Utah. The start of the school year is always a fun busy time. You can feel the energy and excitement like a charge in the air. I love it! 

I'm glad you were able to go to another Depech Mode concert, and that you enjoyed it so much. I loved your description of the bass. I haven't been to many concerts, but my first year of college you treated me to several and I've decided that I love them. Live music is ten times better than any recording, even when that recording is an old timey record. Really I just love experiencing new things and different cultures, so the mission has been super fun, lots of adventures. Also, I can't believe it has been a year since we saw Josh Groban, but you are right! 

The solar eclipse sounds cool, but I really don't know anything about it. It was a P-day for us but we didn't have any of those fancy glasses, so we just kind of ignored it. We played sports with our zone and then everyone went outside for a second and used our tablet camera to look at it, but it wasn't the best view. So if you got some cool pictures I'd love to see them. I thought your pictures of each person with the glasses on were really funny. And I like your thoughts about everyone looking up. :) 

Also, will you see if you can Google Jon Bon Jovi's address for me? Fun fact: Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, and Queen Latifah all have houses in my area. There is a soup kitchen like place we pass all the time that Bon Jovi runs. It's pretty cool.

I love you so much! I hope you have a fantastic birthday! Eat some of that fancy sugar cookie, fruit pastry you always make. Listen to your happy music (I'm not sure what that is. For me, it's Broadway.). Take an hour to read a good book. And maybe visit the temple. That has become a favorite birthday tradition of mine. I'll be sad when I don't get to go this year, but that's okay, I'm sure I'll be busy sharing the gospel. 

Thank you for your emails every week. I love the news and pictures. I appreciate your historian attitude, sharing all the details. I am trying to be better at that while I am on my mission, taking more pictures and writing in my journal everyday. Although I don't have time to type everything, I will have plenty of stories to share when I get home.

xoxo
Hermana Croft 

Recent picture/video discriptions:
- I made a cake in a cup to celebrate you! Also, that was the only candle we had.
- The blue bus really isn't significant at all, I just liked the color.
- We go finding at a train station all the time and it makes me so happy to see the trains coming and going from New York! And it really is just 3 bucks for a ticket (name that musical)!

-------------

Also, this pic showed up on the New Jersey Morristown Mission FB page this week during Zone Conferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment