Thursday, August 3, 2017

¡Ay caramba!

¡Ay caramba! Only three more days in the CCM! 

I leave for the CCM Monday morning at 3:30. Nonsense, since my flight doesn´t leave until 7:45 but it is an hour drive to the airport and they what to make sure we don't miss our flights. 

At lunch this week the Latino Elders were asking me and Hermana Price a bunch of question about when we wanted to get married after our missions.¨How many kids do you want?" "Do you want to get married in the Mexico City Temple? No, what about the Tijuana Temple?" "Do you want to marry a Latino or an American?" When my companion responded she wants an African American husband they were confused. "No, no, no, Latino or American?" Apparently those are my only two options for a spouse. They won´t accept any other race. I think the Elders have a little crush on Hermana Price. I can't count how many times they told her she had beautiful eyes. ¡Ay caramba  Elders! 

This week was good. Unfortunately I don't have any time to tell you about it. ¡Lo siento! But we had a really great devotional Tuesday and my talk went well on Sunday. I am excited and nervous for New Jersey. And a little sad, because Hermana Price won't be coming with me. But at least I get to keep Hermana Kim and Hermana Smith. 

I love you!! Keep smiling!
siempre,
Hermana Croft

-------
An email I received from the Mexico MTC president:

Dear Sister Croft,

You have an outstanding daughter who is becoming a fantastic missionary…in fact she already is!

She is hard working, energetic, happy, obedient, and a very capable teacher.  Together w/ her companion I attended a Relief Society class they taught together and they were magnificent.  You should be very proud, she has been a delight and we are extremely grateful the Lord sent her here for her MTC experience.  All the very best!

Curtis Bennett
President
Mexico Missionary Training Center




No comments:

Post a Comment